Pork Belly = Bacon!
Pork belly is a rich portion of meat from the underside of a pig known for making bacon.
1 Pork Belly (2 - 2.5 lbs.)
Popular in a wide range of cuisines all over the world, pork belly is great when smoked, grilled, or prepared in the sous vide.
Try it once and you will fall in love with this tender and melt-in-your-mouth style of meat. Barbecue At Home by Dickey's is your source for premium, high quality pork belly delivered right to your smoker.
Our Pork Belly is blast frozen in its raw form and then quickly vacuum sealed to ensure the freshness of the meat. Shipped frozen. Upon receiving your product, place it in the freezer immediately. Thaw 24 hours prior to cooking.
How To Smoke the Perfect Pork Belly
Smoked Pork Belly 2 lbs.:
- Heat smoker to 225˚using a competition blend for a pellet smoker, hickory, or pecan for stick smoker.
- While smoker is heating, score the fat side of the pork belly in 1-inch diamonds making sure not to cut to deep.
- Season liberally with Dickey's Rib Rub on all sides, about 3 tablespoons total.
- Place the seasoned pork belly on the grill and smoke until the internal temperature reaches 165˚. Spritz with the apple juice every hour while it is cooking.
- Wrap the belly in aluminum foil with ¼ cup of apple juice and seal well.
- Cook until the internal temperature reaches 200˚.
- Remove from the foil and put it back on the grill and pour the remaining apple juice on top then brush with Dickey's Barbecue Sauce and cook until the sauce warms through.
- Remove to a cutting board and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Cut into cubes and serve.