The NY Strip Steak is cut from the short loin...
...making it a tender, lean beef steak perfect for the grill.
2 New York Strip Steaks (12 oz. ea.)
The New York Strip Steak goes by many names such as Kansas City Steak, Top Loin Steak and Ambassador Steak. Our superior quality New York strip steak is the perfect balance of tender and lean. With less marbling, the New York Strip steak cut is leaner with a firm texture that gives it the perfect bite and chew.
Our New York Strip steaks are blast frozen in its raw form and then quickly vacuum sealed to ensure the freshness of the meat. Shipped frozen. Upon receiving your product, place it in the freezer immediately. Thaw 24 hours prior to cooking.
How To Prepare the Perfect NY Strip Steak
NY Strip From The Grill:
- To perfectly grill a steak, bring to room temperature before cooking, this can be achieved by removing from refrigeration an hour prior to cooking.
- Heat your grill to high. Brush both sides of the steak with olive oil and liberally season both sides of the steak with Jalapeno Rosemary Steak Seasoning.
- Place the steaks on the grill and cook until slightly charred, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Flip the steaks and continue to grill for 2 to 3 minutes for medium rare. Increase 1 to 2 minutes per side for each level of doneness you are trying to achieve. Refer to the Protein heating guide for temperatures.
- Allow steaks to rest for 5 to 10 minutes prior to serving.
Pan Seared NY Strip:
- To perfectly cook a steak, bring to room temperature before cooking, this can be achieved by removing from refrigeration an hour prior to cooking.
- Heat a cast iron pan on medium heat. (Any pan can be used, cast iron holds the heat best)
- Pat steaks dry with paper towels and liberally season both sides of the steak with Salted Coffee Rub.
- Heat a tablespoon of any high heat oil (canola, peanut, coconut) in the pan until it shimmers.
- Using tongs, place the steak in the pan and cook for approximately 5 minutes until a nice crust is achieved.
- Flip over and cook for an additional 4 minutes for Medium Rare or longer for desired temperature.
- Remove from the pan, rest for 10 minutes and serve.