This cut of meat is well-marbled making it extremely juicy.
1 Pork Butt (2.5 - 3.5 lb.)
The pork butt or the Boston butt, is a cut of meat from the upper part of the shoulder from the front leg of a hog.
Hand trimmed to 1/4 inch of fat cover. Great for the smoker.
Our Pork Butt is blast frozen in its raw form and then quickly vacuum sealed to ensure the freshness of the meat. Shipped frozen. Upon receiving your product, place it in the freezer immediately. Thaw 24 hours prior to cooking.
How To Smoke the Perfect Pork Butt
Smoked Pork Butt:
- Pull out the pork butt and allow to get to room temperature.
- Heat smoker to 225˚using a competition blend for a pellet smoker, hickory or pecan for stick smoker.
- Place the pork butt fat-side up in the center of a piece of foil that is 1 1/2-foot square. Sprinkle Dickey's Rib Rub over the entire pork butt and rub it with your hands.
- Fold up the sides of the foil to make a bowl and place the pork butt on the smoker.
- Smoke the pork for 8 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 190˚.
- Place the smoked pork on a chopping block, and let it rest for 15 to 25 minutes before you pull it.